Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Little Helper

John is now my good little helper. He likes to help me in hanging up laundry. At first he was just playing with clothes, pegs and hangers, now... he is able to understand my instructions. I gave him two parts instruction - John take, give mama. (Sorry, the background of this clip is quite noisy... was watching Japanese comedy)

He understand lots of words now, in 3 languages - Mandarin, English and Japanese. I was surprised when he was able to respond to T's question correctly. T asked what he was eating in Japanese, he opened his mouth to show T what was in his mouth. Now, he trying to "catch" and repeat the last word of what T and I said.

I believe in teaching my boy "first time right". I observed that when I insisted him to do thing right for the first time, he will tend to do it right afterwards. For example, we placed small speakers on TV rack and told him not to touch when he first saw it. He left them alone for until now. Same for stuff at my sister's house, when we were there I told him not to play with the tv cabinet door when he first playing with it. We stayed there for more than a week, he did not open it from the second day onwards.

Another example, when he saw my niece's portable tv, he was tempted to touch it, I told him "no" and pulled his hand away. He did not touch it, but I could see from his eyes he wanted it so much. Later on, my niece let him touch it he was very happy. And, after awhile my niece wanted him to stop, but it was too late... he did not stop playing with it. So... first time right, and maintain consistency later on is very important.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe really good helper and don't bother of looking left and right. My son will sure spot someone is taking video on him.

nhy

Alexia Misso said...

miss John so much...can't wait to see him again...!!!

cre8tone said...

Wow! Such a lovely clever little helper!~