Monday, March 29, 2010

Stamping

Stamping

This was John's art activity for today, animal stamping. I made those stamps with potato and vegetable cutter. He seemed eager when I mentioned painting, and got the box of colour for me. Soon after he started, he kept checking paint on his fingers and and wiped clean on the paper. Then he drew with the brush for awhile, that's it. I am thinking what went wrong with it, because of the way I presented or he simply did not like it. Will try again with same material but different set up tomorrow, hope he will show some interests in it.

Actually, I have noticed that he has great interest in music such as musical instruments, dancing, and moving to musics. Yes, he likes something with rhythm and different tempo. Also, he seemed able to appreciate some silly songs as well. Trying to give him more art activities, to balance out

.

3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

art is a talent.. my kids are sent to the art class during the time they were 5 or 6 but till today, none love the art of drawing! :p

Pete said...

Ha ha, reminds me of school art classes....LOL!

Lydia said...

reanaclaire,
I agree with you. Art is a talent, and we parents help to discover their talent (if there is any). lol...

Pete,
Feel young again?